The Tenth Day of Christmas - Turkey Pizza (Perfect to keep the kids happy)
Author: The Turkey Man Date Posted:22 December 2017
This one is super quick and easy and the kids will love it!
Prep: 90 mins,
Cook: 20 mins
1 Pizza, serves 4
What You'll Need
Pizza Dough (or pre-made pizza dough):
1 cup water (lukewarm)
1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 cups flour (roughly)
6 strips bacon
1/4 cup sour cream
1 cup leftover mashed potatoes
1/2 cup leftover turkey (cut into small pieces)
1/2 cup mild cheddar cheese
1/2 cup mozzarella
1/4 cup spring onions(chopped)
- Stir together lukewarm water, yeast, salt, sugar and olive oil in a large measuring cup. Then let sit for about 10 minutes. You should see the yeast start to bubble and grow.
- Place the yeast mixture in a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Gradually add the flour, stirring or using the dough hook attachment until the flour is completely combined and the dough forms a ball. Add olive oil to the sides of the bowl and cover with a towel. Place in a warm area or just on the counter and allow it to rise for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
- Fry or bake the bacon until crispy. Chop the bacon into a small dice.
- Punch down the dough and roll into a softball. Place the dough on a large sheet of parchment paper, lightly grease your hands with oil and push and flatten the dough to form the crust.
- Once it is thin enough (1/8-inch thick), spread the sour cream over the crust.
- Spread the leftover mashed potatoes over the sour cream.
- Sprinkle the two cheeses over the top of the potatoes. Then spread the leftover turkey over the top and sprinkle with bacon.
- Bake on the bottom rack of the oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
Recipe by Leah Maroney
Photo Credit www.thespruce.com