The Ninth Day of Christmas - Turkey Curry
Author: The Turkey Man Date Posted:21 December 2017
- Heat the oil and butter in a large non-stick casserole pot.
- Add the onions and cook for 2-3 minutes, then add the garlic, ginger, chilli, cardamom, cumin, turmeric, garam masala and ground coriander. Cook over a medium heat until the onion is soft, being careful not to burn the spices.
- Add the potatoes and butternut squash and cook until the potato begins to stick to the bottom of the pan slightly.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the potatoes and butternut squash are tender.
- Stir in the yoghurt and cream, then add the lemon juice. Add the cooked turkey, fold in and simmer to heat through. Sprinkle with coriander leaves and serve immediately.