The First Day of Christmas - Turkey Salad with Chinese Cabbage, bean sprouts and Vietnamese Mint
Author: The Turkey Man Date Posted:13 December 2017
Turkey salad with Chinese cabbage, bean sprouts and Vietnamese mint
- Mix the shallots and salt in a large bowl and set aside for 30 minutes, or until softened.
- Meanwhile, for the dressing, mix together the dressing ingredients in a separate bowl until well combined.
- Just before serving, add the cold turkey strips to the bowl of salted shallots. Mix in the Chinese cabbage leaves, bean sprouts, shredded carrot, herbs and peanuts until well combined.
- Pour over the dressing, season, to taste, with freshly ground black pepper, then mix well until the dressing coats the salad ingredients.
- To serve, pile the turkey salad into the centre of each of four serving plates. Sprinkle over the remaining chopped roasted peanuts.
Photo Credit: From Rick Stein's Christmas Odyssey